Monday, June 9, 2008

the goldfish bowl


Its amazing how clear you get the message that she is sending you. It reminds me of the old cliche think outside the box. It brings back memories of how my ninth grade year transformed me from just a bystander to a bright and interesting person. The blogs applications to that memory are do to the statement of how she felt she had grown roots to the chair and felt stuck in the goldfish bowl. In my previous education before high school I had the same friends, I listened to the same music and nothing ever changed. I woke up one day and I saw a new world in which i had to find my place in. That year I broke all ties with my old buddies and I travelled a new path on which they had lost respect for me. I met all kinds of wonderful people that influenced and changed me into who I am today. Strike that, because I am still changing constantly becoming a better more rounded person. The goldfish bowl is a great painting and Its very influentual in the mind of someone who can view it multiple ways. The podcast was very enlightening, it opened my eyes to a new perspective on life and our grooves that we will get into and stay there getting comfortable until something comes along and turns us upside down.

1 comment:

dd adams said...

"people don't change, they simply become more completely who they really are" ... or choose to be.

now that you are enlightened, keep that open mind and never cease improving yourself. you've got a great attitude ... don't ever put yourself into that goldfish bowl so many of your peers find themselves in.